Five Ways to Remember Summer
Mai tais, flowers and a fake tan just might jog your memory.
Spring, you're slowly redeeming yourself. But we're looking past you.
Hopatcong had a rough enough winter. And with this mostly sad spring, many in the borough could probably use a warm-weather pick-me-up, though Monday's forecasts call for temperatures in the mid-60's. With that in mind, check out these ways to remember that summer will be here ... eventually.
- You Need to Know to Get a (Fake) Tan: Sick of white snow and even whiter skin? Head over to Bronze Body Tanning Salon. We suggest a little less time in the bed than The Situation, though.
- You Need to Buy Some Flowers: It's said that flowers make the perfect gift and that holds true even if you buy them for yourself. Stop by Get Potted, pick out some colorful blooms and give your home–and you–a pick-me-up.
- You Need to Know to Have a Mai Tai: Consult with the Wikibook of Mai Tai recipes, take a trip to the Liquor Factory, Caroles or West Shore Spirits and mix up a batch of summery drinks. If you can get your hands on a few of those little umbrellas, even better.
- You Need to Know to Check Out the State Park: Yes, it snowed Thursday night. But all that's gone. Soon, you'll be paying probably a little too much to park your car and spend the day with the family. Head over here now to soak in the scenery. Warning: Geese poop everywhere.
- You Need to Know to Listen to Goodbye Friday: The Hopatcong band has a knack for crafting summer hits. Check out their Facebook page and soak in the warmth of their tunes.