For Them, It's Not About Money
These non-profit organizations are making a difference.
Patch Picks explored the world of nonprofit organizations in the community, and highlighted a few that are making a major difference. Check them out.
- K.I.S.S. (Kitties In-need-of Someone Special), Hopatcong
Run by Hopatcong resident Chris Margo, K.I.S.S. gives adoption-eligible pets good homes.
- Department for Persons With Disabilities, Oak Ridge
This organization, part of Catholic charities, runs residential and group homes for persons with disabilities.
- Alfa Development, Oak Ridge
This non-profit helps people with autism live productive and happy lives.
- The Blackwell Street Center for the Arts, Dover
The cooperative gallery was developed by a group of artists as a place to show their work.
- The Jersey Gators, Sussex County
This group uses swimming as a basis for helping people succeed in the pool and in life.