Police Release 2012 Click It or Ticket Stats
From two-week state-funded program.
The Hopatcong police department doled out 162 seat belt summonses and 11 speeding tickets during Click It or Ticket.
The department participated in the state-funded program from May 21 to June 3. Days before its implementation, police offered these tips to drivers.
Hopatcong Police Chief Robert Brennan wasn't immediately available for comment.
Here's a statistical breakdown of the program's results, according to police.
- Roving patrol hours worked by officers: 56
- Checkpoints: 0
- Night-time enforcement hours: 24
- Seat belt summonses: 162
- Speeding summonses: 11
- Felony arrests: 0
- Fugitives apprehended: 8
- Suspended license summonses: 5
- Reckless driver summonses: 0
- Child restraint summonses: 2
- DWI: 0
- Stolen vehicles: 0
- Drug arrests: 0
- Uninsured driver summonses: 15
- Other summonses (moving and non moving): 109
Let Patch save you time. Get local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone each day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast, sign up here.