Make a dinner date – with your kids!
Family dinner is an ideal opportunity to strengthen family ties. It starts with gathering your family around the dinner table. Then add some great conversation, sprinkle in some love and laughs, top it off with a tasty menu and then magic… memorable meals for everyone!
Family dinner is about more than what is on your plate. It’s about parental engagement and connecting with your children in a way that has lasting effects. Research by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University consistently finds that the more often children eat dinner with their families, the less likely they are to smoke, drink or use drugs.
CASA created Family Day – A Day to eat Dinner with Your Children in 2001 as a national effort to promote family dinners as an effective way to reduce substance abuse among youth. To learn more about successful family dinners and to access fun activities in the CASA Family Dinner Kit check them out on www.CASAFamily Day.org
What are you doing for dinner on Monday September 24th? Hopefully you will be spending time with your family in celebration of Family Day. Check out local Family Day Take-Out specials for $19.99 in Hopatcong:
- Sabretti’s : 8 Hot Dogs, 4 Bags of Chips, 4 Otis Cookies and 4 Drinks
- Parma Johns : 1 Large Pie, 1 Order of Wings, 2 Liter of Soda
- Joey’s : 2 Large Pies, 1 Garden Salad, 1 Garlic Bread, 1 Large Soda
- Franks Pizza : ½ Tray of Pasta (Manciotti, Shells, Ziti), 1 Large Soda, 1 Salad & Bread
- Grotto: 2 Large Pies, 1 Garlic Bread, 1 Large Soda
For more information about this initiative please contact Tina at Center for Prevention & Counseling - firstname.lastname@example.org