- The new documentary "Divorce Corp." makes its premiere Friday afternoon at the Digiplex Sparta Theatre. The film shines a bright light on the practices within family court systems. In "Divorce Corp.," the filmmakers set out to expose what they call "the appalling waste and shameless collusive practices within the U.S. family law industry," which grosses more than $50 billion a year. The film screens at 4:30 p.m. at the Digiplex, 25 Center St., Sparta.
- On Friday, the Sussex County YMCA presents Kids Night Out, wholesome fun for local boys and girls. Children from four through 12 are invited to come and enjoy friends, games, crafts, fun in the pool and more. Admission is $15 for one child, $10 for each additional sibling, and pre-registration is required. Pizza will be available at $2 a slice. The fun starts at 6 p.m. at the Sussex Y, 15 Wits End Road in Hardyston.
- Dance, dance Fridays at Ronnie's Dance Studio with your choice of two different new dance class offerings. The first, at 6:45 p.m., is Bellywood., a four-week class that introduces this low-impact, fat-burning blend of varied styles of belly dancing and Bollywood dancing. The class costs $35 for the entire four-week session. Alternately, you can try Ronnie's Viennese Waltz Dance Class, a six-week class that begins at 7:45 p.m. You'll need a partner for this class: The two of you will learn the fundamentals of this graceful and elegant ballroom dance. The fee for the entire six weeks is $95 per person. Call 973-398-0098 for more info. Ronnie's Dance Studio is at 393 Maxim Dr.
- Nineties hitmaker Edwin McCain brings his melodic Southern-tinged songs to the area Friday when he headlines at the Newton Theatre. The artist describes his show as "people coming together and sharing a [special] moment"; we've seen him and his assessment is accurate. Feel the love and sing along with soulful hits like "I'll Be" and "I Could Not Ask for More" at the Newton Theatre at 234 Spring St. in Newton. The show is Friday at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $27-$37 and may be purchased online.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will head to Garbage Pickup Section D. For Saturday, the Recycling Center is open from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something