- The Nov. 5 general election is in one week. On Tuesday, prepare for a very important balloting by attending the Hopatcong Independent Club Get Out the Vote Rally from 7-10 p.m. at the Hopatcong Senior Center, 32 Lakeside Blvd. Board of Education candidates and Independent candidate for Sussex County surrogate Bob Morris have been invited to attend. Refreshments will be available. For more info, call 973-601-1117.
- Just in time for the chilly season, when money is tight and hunger can be more acute for those on a budget, the Hopatcong government website has news that may help: The Food Box Community Outreach Program is an effort that can reduce your overall grocery bill while allowing you to purchase restaurant quality food at wholesale prices. The boxes are ordered once each month from Byram Bay Christian Church. For more information and order forms go to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- Patch could use your help: It's a year since Superstorm Sandy and we would really like to hear from Hopatcong and Sparta residents as we compile Sandy Reminiscences—people's memories, thoughts, fears from what was a dark couple of weeks and more. Please send a brief essay or poem or photos, whatever expresses what you wish to say regarding your Sandy experience. Three things we are really interested in knowing: What was your greatest challenge? What did you gain from the experience (any silver linings)? And how are things for you now? Send them to email@example.com.
- A night out for music on a Tuesday? Why not, if you can swing it. The evening presents two great bands: pop group Ballyhoo! and reggae/world music outfit Passafire. The show starts at 6 p.m. at the Stanhope House, 45 Main St. in Stanhope, which is not far from Hopatcong and Sparta. Tickets are $15 and can be procured online through Ticketweb.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will follow Garbage Pickup Schedule A. No recycling pickup is listed on the borough website's schedule for Tuesday. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something