- Children ages five through 10 are invited to practice their reading skills by reading aloud to a certified therapy dog at the Louise Childs Branch of the Sussex County Public Library this Tuesday. Each child gets a full 10 minutes of one-on-one reading time with dogs, who don't criticize or interrupt, allowing the kids to gain self-esteem, confidence, public speaking skills and a love of reading. Each child signs up for a specific Read to a Dog time slot: 4 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 4:30 p.m. or 4:45 p.m. Register by calling 973 770-1000. Please arrive on time with a couple of books or early enough to pick out some library books.
- Tuesday is the day winners are chosen in the Hopatcong Recreation Department's Annual Holiday House Decorating Contest. Judging takes place at 6:30 p.m. at Pavinci's Italian Grill, 453 River Styx Road. The restaurant features holiday music starting at 7 p.m., when the quarter-century-old 20-piece Silver Starlite puts a jazz-swing spin on yuletide favorites. For more info, call Pavinci's at 973-770-4300.
- Speaking of recreation, Sparta Township needs residents' help to determine what activities are most wanted by those who live here. The Recreation Department is asking folks to complete an online survey on the township website to allow them to poll citizens' likes and dislikes.
- The Hopatcong Land Use Board meeting previously scheduled for Tuesday has been cancelled according to the municipal website.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will head to Garbage Pickup Section A and Recycling Section D. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something