- In Sparta, school parents will spend the morning in the district's periodic Superintendent Forum. The gathering is a non-media event allowing township moms and dads to talk education issues with Superintendent of Schools Dennis Tobin. Patch hopes to bring you news on what was discussed in the near future, when the school district releases the information.
- The first Hopatcong Mayor-Council meeting of 2014 is actually two meetings in one: A sine die meeting will handle regular business, including a resolution to approve revised recreation fees as recommended by the Recreation Commission. The reorganization meeting that follows will feature the swearing-in of newly elected council members Michael Francis and Richard Hoer. The council will also select a new president and vice president. Tuesday's meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at Borough Hall, 111 River Styx Road.
- The Hopatcong High Sports Booster Club holds its January meeting Tuesday night at the school. The gathering starts at 7:30 p.m. in room C-5.Add Photos/Video
- The Hopatcong Land Use Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday at Borough Hall has been postponed. The gathering has been moved to Jan. 17.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will head to Garbage Pickup Section A. No recycling pickup is on the schedule. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something