- The Lake Hopatcong Community Cleanup Event scheduled for Nov. 9 from 8 a.m. until noon still needs volunteers. In conjunction with the drawdown that began last month, the Lake Hopatcong Foundation is coordinating a lake-wide community clean-up effort of areas that can be accessed during the lower lake level. The rain or shine cleanup will be postponed until Nov. 16 only in the case of extreme weather. For more information on how you can get involved as an individual or with a team, call Donna at 973-663-2500.
- The Monday thunderstorms comprised of Hurricane Karen's remnants served as a reminder of the importance of preparedness. With that in mind, Hopatcong Borough reminds residents that they can sign up for its Honeywell Emergency Alert communications system called "Hopatcong Alert." The system allows the town to send general and emergency communications to residents as needed. Get in the know before trouble strikes: Sign up for the alerts online.
- Respect Week continues at Hopatcong's Hudson Maxim School and in all Sparta Township District schools. Learn more about what's going on in Sparta here and spread the word of kindness.
- The Sparta Library Board Meets this Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. The gathering takes place at the library, 22 Woodport Road.
- Sparta's Zoning Board meets to discuss building matters. The municipal board session is set to start at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 65 Main St.
- Keeping It Clean: Hopatcong's Recycling Center will be open Wednesday from 9 a.m.-noon. Meanwhile, in Hopatcong, sanitation crews will follow Garbage Pickup Schedule B and Recycling Schedule C. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.