- The Stanhope MOMS Club hosts a playdate this week for stay-at-home mothers and their kids. The moms will meet Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. For the location and additional info, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Hopatcong Borough Schools Strategic Planning Meeting takes place Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Hopatcong Middle School, 1 David Road. The public is invited.
- Do your part to help the Hopatcong Pound Project. The animal welfare organization is the beneficiary of a Fall Wine and Spirit Tasting Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. at Pavinci's Italian Grille. Admission is $20 per person. The restaurant is located at 453 River Styx Road.
- It's never the wrong time to get fit. A Belly Dance Class for the Modern Woman debuts at Ronnie's Dance School in nearby Andover. The new beginner-to-intermediate course runs Tuesdays from 6:40-7:40 p.m. The program is ongoing and you must pre-register. The cost is $42 for the 5 weeks of October ($35 if you can make only four sessions). Send checks to Ronnie's Dance Studio, 393 Maxim Dr., Andover, NJ 07821. Call 973-398-0098 for more info or visitwww.ronniesdancing.com.
- If you were planning to attend this week's Hopatcong Land Use Board meeting, this is important information: The gathering originally scheduled for Tuesday will now be held Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the Hopatcong Borough Municipal Building, 111 River Styx Road. Mayor Sylvia Petillo reports that exciting redevelopment plans for the River Styx area will be discussed.