- How time flies: Tuesday marks the end of the first marking period for Sparta Township Public Schools. Didn't the new school year just begin?
- Sparta Schools' Special Education Parent Advisory Group meeting takes place Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the Sparta High School Media Center. The school is located at 70 W. Mountain Road.
- Do you find yourself drowning in clutter in your home, and also in clutter in your brain? Learn exactly how both types of clutter got there, why it keeps coming back, and exactly how to get rid of it in clear, concise steps at the Louise Childs Branch of the Sussex County Library System in Hopatcong. Evelyn Cucchiara, founder and CEO of The Hopeful Life, will share innovative short cuts on how to live a life that is hopeful: Happy, Organized, Peaceful, Efficient and FULL of fun. Clear The Clutter and Get Things Done is free and open to adults Tuesday from 6-7:30 p.m. at the library, 21 Sparta Road in Stanhope. You must register, which can be done online.
- Hopatcong Youth Wrestling holds an Open House and Registration Tuesday and Thursday at Hopatcong High School. Boys and girls from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade are invited to come out and show their stuff. Tryouts run from 6-7:30 p.m. in the auxiliary gymnasium. The school is located at 2A Windsor Ave..
- The Hopatcong High School Parent Teacher and Student Organization holds its regular meeting Tuesday evening. The group will gather in the high school library at 7 p.m. The school is located at 2 Windsor Blvd.
- NJ FREE, a coalition of organizations and individuals committed to moving the state’s energy economy from a fossil fuel‐based system to one based on renewable energy, offers a free presentation Tuesday on New Jersey's energy future. The free event, facilitated by Greg Gorman of the Skyline Group, takes place at 7 p.m. at the Unitarian Fellowship Hall, 1 West Nelson St. in nearby Newton.
- The Sparta Town Council meets Tuesday night at the municipal building, 65 Main St. in Sparta. No agenda had been released as of press time. The gathering is slated for 7:30 p.m. Public attendance and participation are encouraged.
- The Hopatcong Recreation Committee meets Tuesday night. The gathering takes place at 8 p.m. at Borough Hall, 111 River Styx Road.
- If you want to get your recreational boating safety certificate this year, keep this in mind for later in the week: The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 06-07 offers its periodic boating safety course “About Boating Safely” at the Hopatcong Civic Center this Saturday. The class runs from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at 32 Lakeside Blvd. in nearby Hopatcong. Contact FSO-PE Frank Federico at firstname.lastname@example.org. Price is $65 and includes lunch. This is the final opportunity in 2013 for recreational boaters to obtain the NJ Boating Safety Certificate.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will follow Garbage Pickup Schedule A; no recycling pickup is indicated on the calendar. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something