- Got books? Starting Tuesday, students and parents can find a wealth of books for sale at the Hopatcong Middle School PTO Scholastic Book Fair. The event will be held in the school's Library Media Center during the school day and during teacher/parent conferences Tuesday evening. The sale continues Wednesday and Thursday.
- Sparta Middle School students will embark on an important task and a tough challenge on Tuesday. Rachel's Challenge, an initiative inspired by the first student killed in the Columbine school shootings, makes a presentation at the school at 11 a.m. in an effort to encourage kindness, respect, tolerance and compassion.
- The special general election to fill the former U.S. Senate seat of the late Frank Lautenberg takes place Wednesday. If you want to cast an early vote for either Democrat Cory Booker or Republican Steve Lonegan, you may still do that—in person only—at the office of the Sussex County clerk in Newton. The deadline is 3 p.m. Tuesday. If you miss it, polls will be open between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- A Boating Safety Class is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Hopatcong Senior Center, 32 Lakeside Blvd.
- The Hopatcong Land Use Board meets Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Borough Hall. Discussions are expected to cover topics including proposed new development in the borough. The public is invited to attend.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will follow Garbage Pickup Schedule A. There is no recycling pickup on Tuesday. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something