- There are still some students at Hopatcong Middle School who have yet to have their student photos taken. Another Photo Makeup Day is scheduled for Wednesday during school hours.
- Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the book (and youth fiction favorite) My Little Pony at the Sussex County Library System's Louise Child Branch. The occasion will be marked with a free party featuring a story, crafts, games and refreshments for kids in kindergarten through sixth grade. Space is limited to 30, so you must register. The hour-long party starts at 3:30 p.m. at 21 Sparta Road in Stanhope.
- This band, intended to be a side project for the former lead singer of metalcore band In Memory Of, was never supposed to leave the confines of studio walls. But once people got the chance to hear Johnny B. Morbid in action, the group took on a life of its own. Now a freestanding three-piece, the band made up of Johnny, Vlad and Archie will rock the stage at the Stanhope House Wednesday with openers Mac Delaney, Chapter 31 and the Holy Terror. Doors open at 6 p.m. for this all-ages show; showtime is at 7:45 p.m. Tickets are $10. The venue is at 45 Main St. in Stanhope.
- The Sparta Planning Board gathers Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall. No official agenda has been released as of press time, but there may be talk regarding the possible installation of an emergency generator for the Sparta Library on Mohawk Avenue.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will follow Garbage Pickup Schedule B; no recycling pickup is indicated on the calendar. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something