- If it's Tuesday, it must be time to Walk A Mile with Janice and Friends. Every Tuesday at 10 a.m., a group of seniors meet at the Senior Center, 32 Lakeside Blvd., to walk and get healthier. This is the day. Get moving.
- The temperatures are getting colder and the weather is getting more threatening on occasion. If you're a senior in Sparta and you need help getting transportation during winter to do your errands, the Sparta Senior Surrey can provide that assistance. Here is the schedule. If you need a ride, you must make an appointment by calling 973-729-8542 between 1-3 p.m. Monday through Friday and at least 24 hours in advance of your intended travel.
- Pack up the family and head to the Louise Childs branch of the Sussex County Public Library System Tuesday from 6:30-7:10 p.m. for an evening story time about December holidays. The kids want to wear pajamas? No problem. Space is limited, so do register; walk-ins will be welcomed if space allows. The library is at 21 Stanhope Sparta Road in Stanhope.
- Tuesday is opening night for the Lenape Valley Regional High School Planetarium special holiday program, “The Star of Bethlehem.” The show runs Tuesday through Thursday and is intended for the whole family. The presentation deals with determining just what the object in the sky on the morning of the first Christmas could have been by exploring a fascinating mixture of historical and biblical information. Travel back in time to walk along with the Wise Men in their search for the birthplace of the newborn baby. Show times are 6:30p.m. and 7:30 p.m. each night, with a special 4 p.m. matinee on Thursday. Tickets are $5 per adult, $3 per student and $2 for those over 60. Reservations are strongly suggested: Send email to email@example.com or call 973-347-7600 ext 165. The school is located at 28 Sparta Road in Stanhope.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will head to Garbage Pickup Section A and Recycling Section D. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.