- All rise: Sparta Municipal Court has a morning session Thursday, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Hopatcong High School Photo Day continues for underclassmen on Thursday, so make sure the kids are looking their best for posterity, parents. Middle School Photo Day is Thursday as well.
- The two-day HSPA makeup language arts test for seniors comes to its conclusion at the high school on Thursday.
- Did you know that West Side Methodist Church has its own thrift shop? It's open to the public three days each week, and one of them happens to be Thursday. Check out the bargains between 6-8 p.m. (The store is also open Tuesday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m.-noon.) The church is at 18 Maxim Drive in Hopatcong. Need more details? Call 973-398-0846. And if you have nonperishable food to spare, Hopatcong West Side's Save the People Food Pantry is accepting donations Thursday from 9:30 a.m.-noon.
- A new month-long dance class series starts Thursday, and it's a great opportunity for learning to trip the light fantastic before holiday parties begin. Ronnie's Dance Studio in Andover offers a four-week class running the next four Thursdays from 7:45-9:15 p.m. Cost is $60 for the sessions, but you need to register now. Stop at the studio to do so: Ronnie's is at 393 Maxim Drive. Get more info at the website www.ronniesdancing.com or call 973-398-0098.
- Sparta's Environmental Commission gathers Thursday. The meeting is set to start at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 65 Main St.
- In case you are keeping up with the kindness, Respect Week continues at Hopatcong's Hudson Maxim School and in Sparta Township Public Schools. If your child is a student, ask them about what they're learning about tolerance and compassion this week—and spread the lessons among the grownups so that the important week can benefit the entire community.
- Keeping It Clean: In Hopatcong, sanitation crews will follow Garbage Pickup Schedule C and Recycling Schedule B. In Sparta, check with the online schedule.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something