Cinotti said infusing positivity was the goal of an open house held for students and parents prior to the Sept. 4 first day of school.
"This [was] a time to calm students’ nerves about the new school year, their teacher, the school," Cinotti explained.
This year's open house was an ice cream social in an effort to make students
and parents feel “extra welcomed”—and to give the new superintendent a fun opportunity to meet with the district's most important stakeholders.
Cinotti said the event was a great success that foreshadows a successful year for Hopatcong Borough Schools.
Now that classes are underway, the focus turns to putting Randina’s strategic plan to overhaul the district’s vision into action. Specifics will be available to parents at local schools' various Back to School Nights:
- Hopatcong Middle School - Sept. 12 7 p.m. (also kickoff for its PTO fundraiser)
- Durban Avenue School - Sept. 16, 7 p.m. - Grade 4
- Durban Avenue School - Sept. 17, 7 p.m. - Grade 5
- Hudson Maxim School - Sept. 18, 7 p.m. - Pre-K, Kindergarten
- Hopatcong High School - Sept. 19, 6:45 p.m.
- Hudson Maxim School - Sept. 19, 7 p.m. - Grade 1
The Hopatcong Borough Schools Board of Education will hold its first meeting of the school year Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. at the Administration Building, 2 Windsor Ave.