Months of hard work and planning will come to a head Sunday when the Hopatcong Community Garden hosts GardenFest at .
From noon to 4 p.m., organizers and participants will celebrate the Hopatcong Community Garden, an idea friends wouldn't let fade away even after its founder, , died in a motorcycle accident in late 2011.
Here are some things to expect:
- Facepainting and tattoos for children
- A photo booth, courtesy of Hopatcong's .
- Paint custom paver stones to decorate the community garden for $6—a Boy Scouts Pack 88-run activity
- For sale: herbs, garden starter kids and organic seeds. Also: square foot gardening frames made by Hopatcong residents Marc Frato and Robert Bond
- Tour the garden
- A book signing for Hopatcong children's author James Gentile
- Family games
- Receive "Ask the Expert" advice from master gardeners. The cost? A donation to the garden.
- Learn about healthy eating from nutritionist Yvonne Syto, of Hopatcong
- Plenty of food from , , Quick Chek, and . Juice Bowl will donate juice while the will donate ice.
- Live music from the Joe Tree Group from noon to 2 p.m.
- Two Karma Yoga 45-minute classes, taught by Kula Yoga & Wellness in Stanhope. Donations will be accepted.
- Other vendors: Kim O'Hara Clay Designs; Lola's Natural Alternatives - Personal Care Products; Naturally Sussex; knitted goods from XxVioletRosexX of Etsy.com; Princess & the Peony handcrafted wind chimes, garden items and more; FWBluxuries Jewelry Design; Hickory Ridge Alpaca Farm; Sparta Mountain Farm; Advapoint -Solar Energy & Solar Evaluations; Pampered Chef; Tupperware; Avon; Scentsy; and Thirty One Totes.