Air Conditioning Fire Evacuates Quick Chek

Unit's belt caught fire on the convenience store's roof last Friday night.

The Quick Chek was evacuated last week when an air conditioning belt on the store's roof caught fire, Hopatcong Police said.

The store was evacuated and the gas pumps were turned off when officers arrived at about 7:30 p.m. last Friday. There was an odor of smoke coming from the roof area where the belt was found burning, police said. Firefighters turned off the unit and removed the belt, police said.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »