.

Electrical Fire Contained in Elba Avenue Home's Attic

No one injured in Saturday morning blaze.

No one was injured in a residential fire that broke out on Elba Avenue early Saturday morning, Hopatcong Police said. 

Fire Prevention Officer Frank Steinburg said the fire, that was contained to the attic, was caused from the wiring of a high hat light in the ceiling that spread to several objects in the attic, according to a report supplied by Lt. Thomas Kmetz.

First responders arrived at the scene around 4:50 a.m., when a resident and her son woke up from the fire alarm, Kmetz said. He said they found smoke near the ceiling and ran outside and then saw the smoke coming from the attic vents.

Hopatcong Fire Department responded to the structure fire and was able to extinguish the blaze, Kmetz said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »