.

Kitchen Blaze Causes Smoke, Fire Damage

Residents used two fire extinguishers to put it out, police said.

A Brooklyn Mountain Road home suffered smoke and fire damage due to a cooking oil fire in the kitchen, according to .

The home owner said she had put food in oil on the stove and that when she went to do laundry she heard what sounded like an explosion, according to police. Police said she found fire coming from the stove when she went back into the kitchen, and that the family used two fire extinguishers to put the fire out.

Police said there was heavy smoke in the kitchen when they arrived after being called to the residence, and that the fire had already been extinguished. All occupants of the home were found outside after they had extinguished the fire.

Police said the Hopatcong Fire Department responded to make sure the fire did not extend into the cabinets and walls. They also used fans to remove the smoke from the home, police said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »