- Can't get to court during the day? No worries: Hopatcong offers periodic Municipal Night Court sessions, and the latest is offered Monday beginning at 6 p.m. at Borough Hall, 111 River Styx Road.
- The Hopatcong Middle School Parent Teacher Organization holds its regular meeting Monday night at 7 p.m. The gathering takes place at the school, 1 David Road.
- The red holiday-themed cups now containing chais and espressos at Starbucks tells us one thing: Christmas and Hanukkah parties are coming, and dance lessons might be in order. Ronnie's Dance school hears the call—the business will offer Merengue Dance Classes every Monday in November. Of all the ballroom and Latin dances, why merengue? According to Ronnie, it's the simplest of them all. And according to this dancer, the merengue makes any practitioner look graceful and even sexy. Classes run each Monday this month from 7:30-9 p.m. and the $60 covers all four weeks. The school is at 40 Maxim Road in Hopatcong. Call 973-398-0098 for info.
- Tuesday is Election Day! This is a big one, folks, a gubernatorial election, and there will be races for the state legislature, the local school board and the Borough Council, along with important ballot questions. Do your duty as a citizen: Get informed and use your voice at the ballot box. Polls are open Tuesday from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. And be sure to keep an eye on Patch after the polls close for results.
- The first Tuesday of the month is the standing date for meetings of the Stanhope MOMS Club, and that lands this week. If you're an at-home mother, this is the place for you to find support. This chapter of the international organization is designed to help you feel good about your decision to stay at home and focus on childrearing and give you the opportunity to share in activities with likeminded moms and their children. For information on location, time and more, get in touch with the group directly via email: email@example.com.
- The Hopatcong Womens's Club meets Wednesday at the Senior Center. The gathering kicks off at 10 a.m. in the lower level of the building.
- The Hopatcong Borough Council has not yet released its agenda for Wednesday's Mayor/Council meeting. As soon as we get it, Patch will let you know what is being discussed. What we do know: You are invited to attend and to offer your two cents on municipal matters. The meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at Borough Hall.
- If you're a caregiver, this announcement is for you. The United Way Caregivers Coalition holds its monthly meeting in Sussex Thursday from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Tri-Co Federal Credit Union, 47 Route 206 in Augusta. Members are welcome to bring lunch and eat during the gathering, and people interested in caregiving are are welcome to join. For more details, contact Robin Ennis at 908-579-3040.
- There will be a general meeting of the Hopatcong Seniors Thursday. The gathering takes place at the Hopatcong Senior Center, 32 Lakeside Blvd., at 9:30 a.m.
- Parent alert: The New Jersey Education Association Teachers' Convention takes place at the end of the week, which means public schools will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- It's finally here: The Lake Hopatcong Cleanup takes place Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. More than 300 area residents have signed up to pitch in to help, and more volunteers are needed and welcome. All the information you'll need is available at the site of the Lake Hopatcong Foundation, www.lakehopatcongfoundation.org. If you have additional questions, contact the LHF office at 973-663-2500, or stop in at 37 Nolan’s Point Park Road in Lake Hopatcong.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something