Here's what's up this week:
- A council meeting previously scheduled for Jan. 15 will instead be held on Monday at 5 p.m. at Borough Hall. Formal action will be taken, the governing body noted on the town's website.
- The Hopatcong Land Use Board meeting which was cancelled on Jan. 7 will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 21, 7:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building.
- The Hopatcong Board of Education will meet on Weds., Jan. 22, with a new board member orientation at 5:30 p.m.
- Kids got cabin fever? Take them to the Hopatcong Middle School for a Cabin Fever Luau geared towards Pre-K to fifth-graders. It's to be held on Friday, Jan. 24, at the middle school gym. Tickets are $5, and parents must accompany and stay with their children (chaperones are free.) View their brochure for more information.
- Enjoy Family Night at the Sussex County YMCA in Hardyston on Friday, Jan. 24 at 6:30 p.m. There will be programs for the whole family including arts & crafts, family fitness and swimming. The price is $15 a family, and pre-registration is required. Go to their website for more info, or call 973-209-9622.
- If you're a Batman or Superman fan, you're in luck. The Garden State Comic Festival is this week, on Sunday, Jan. 26, at the Quality Inn in Ledgewood. Hours are 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Buy comics, collectibles, and meet your favorite artists. For more info, visit their Facebook page.