- The Sparta Township Public Schools Board of Education holds its monthly work session Monday at 7:30 p.m. No agenda was made publicly available in advance. The gathering takes place at the Mohawk Avenue School Auditorium, 18 Mohawk Ave.
- Can't get to court during the day? Monday offers Municipal Night Court in Hopatcong. Court will be in session beginning at 6 p.m. at Borough Hall, 111 River Styx Road.
- Hopatcong fifth and sixth grade boys are welcome to try out for a free, competitive travel boys basketball league. Tryouts take place Monday at 6 p.m. at Hopatcong High School. For more information, contact Danette Swanson at 973-713-5290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday will feature an Anti-Bullying Summit at Hopatcong Middle School. HMS, like all New Jersey public schools, is focused on reducing incidents of harassment, intimidation and bullying. Patch hopes to bring you a midweek piece on what the middle school has been up to since Respect Week earlier this month.
- Hopatcong offers Borough Evening Hours Thursday to help residents whose daytime activities preclude them from dealing with important town business. Borough Hall will be open for citizen needs from 5-7 p.m.
- Find out about the six different patterns of thyroid dysfunction at a special seminar being held in Sparta Thursday evening. Dr. Howard Prager, a clinician with three decades of experience and the author of "The Vitamin D Survival Guide" will introduce his program, "Natural Thyroid Recovery." The free seminar will be at 171 Woodport Road, 2nd floor, in Sparta. Call 973-729-8000 to reserve your spot.
- Hold Saturday night for a special event at St. Jude's Parish Center in Hopatcong. St. Jude's presents a 50/50 night and dinner featuring prizes and an Elvis impersonator. The menu includes a hot buffet, beer, soda, coffee and desert for two. For more info, call the Parish Center at 973-398-6377. The church is at 40 Maxim Drive.
- St. Jude's is also the place Sunday for the 23rd annual Hopatcong Senior Spaghetti Dinner. The event, sponsored by St. Jude’s and the Knights of Columbus, starts at 1 p.m. Cake will be supplied by Mayor Sylvia Petillo and the Borough Council.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something