- The Hopatcong Environmental Commission gathers Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Borough Hall to discuss matters ecological. Also on Wednesday, the Recycling Center will be open from 9 a.m. to noon.
- The Hopatcong Board of Education meets for its first regular session of the new school year Monday. The public is invited to find out from its school board how the first couple of weeks have gone and what is on tap for the upcoming weeks. The meeting takes place at the administration building at 7 p.m.
- The typical business hours don't work for everyone. If working 9 to 5 keeps you from getting your municipal business done, no worries. Borough Hall offers monthly Borough Evening Hours and this Thursday is the day. If regular hours don't work for you, be sure to take advantage of the extended hours, which run from 5-7 p.m.
- If time isn't flying by fast enough for you, check this out: It's time for the first Middle School dance of the year. The Hopatcong Middle School Parent Teacher Organization hosts a Welcome Back Dance for the kids Friday evening.
- Boating safety is particularly important in this area. An all-day boat safety course will be offered at the Senior Center Saturday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Also Saturday, the Recycling Center will be open to residents from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Lake Hopatcong Foundation and the Village Saloon host a night fundraiser to support the foundation's mission to improve Lake Hopatcong. Enjoy dinner at the Village Saloon on Wednesday between 5-10 p.m. and 15 percent of food will be donated to the foundation. The Village Saloon is at 712 Woodport Road in Sparta. For more information call 973-663-2500 or write to email@example.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something