No one injured in Saturday morning blaze.
No one was injured in a residential fire that broke out on Elba Avenue early Saturday morning, Hopatcong Police said. Fire Prevention Officer Frank Steinburg said the fire, that was contained to the attic, was caused from the wiring of a high hat light in the ceiling that spread to several objects in the attic, according to a report supplied by Lt. Thomas Kmetz. First responders arrived at the scene around 4:50 a.m., when a resident and her son woke up from the fire alarm, Kmetz said. He said they found smoke near the ceiling and ran outside and then saw the smoke coming from the attic vents. Hopatcong Fire Department responded to the structure fire and was able to extinguish the blaze, Kmetz said.
Blaze on St. Mary's Place causes water and smoke damage throughout home, police say.
Four pets were rescued and no one was injured in a residential fire on St. Mary's Place Thursday afternoon, Sparta Police said. According to police, members of the Sparta and Ogdensburg fire departments were able to extinguish the structure fire that was ignited by embers in a cardboard box in the garage at about 4:20 p.m. The home's garage suffered extensive fire damage, and the remainder of the home sustained heavy smoke and water damage, police said. Police said Cpl. Robert Fraser first discovered the fire when he was checking on homes still without power. He noticed thick black smoke exiting from the home, and then called the police and fire departments for assistance, police said. Fraser first checked on the home and banged on the …